Friday, January 14, 2011

the BIG purchase


At 3am this morning I was awoken by some lovely residents at my apartment complex having a dance party in the parking lot. Really, 3am? *News Flash* Some people have to work early in the morning and do not appreciate the bumpin' bass lullaby. You are not Michael Jackson, you can't do the moon walk, go inside and dream (quietly) about being him.

I can't help but wonder if these poor souls, who obviously are coming home from a night at the bar, are the ones commenting on Facebook about not having their Financial Aid money yesterday. The ones that need it for "books" and "rent" and "gas" and "food." The ones who use government money to support their bad habits. I'm on Financial Aid, but I also work really really really hard so that I don't get stuck in a bind like that. I also work really hard knowing that someday, I have to pay all that money back. It's borrowed money, it is not mine.

Rant over, I'm usually not this mean about things, but since I was wide awake until 4am, I'm a tad bitter.

This post is about my BIG purchase that I'm planning to make. I'm sure most of you, my dear readers, can guess, that I am planning to buy a house. Huntsville is where I plan to be awhile. I love working for the school, I love the town, I don't want to leave. Huntsville is my home sweet home these days.

I'm ready to buy a house so that I can stop draining money into an apartment that I don't get any value out of. I'm ready to live AWAY from the student housing apartments, of loud neighbors, tiny spaces, and horrible parking. I'm ready for a place that I can call my very own. There's a new neighborhood going up in Huntsville, that we are SUPER interested in. Brand new houses with most of the amenities that I LOVE. But we are also looking at some other options. It's my dream to live in the Avenues, just have to find the right little bungalow. I have a few wants, mixed with a few of AOK's wants. In no particular order:
  1. Storage, Storage, Storage. Ok, I lied... this is the most important to me. This is the number one priority.
  2. Garage, or dirtbike holding facility is up there too. Living rooms are not proper places to store a dirtbike *ahem.*
  3. I'd like some space, where I don't have to go to sleep to my next door neighbors conversations or tv.
  4. I would love love love love love love love a fireplace. Not that we would use it all the time. But there is something about fireplaces that just make a house a home.
  5. Commute is somewhat important to me. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes to get anywhere in Huntsville, but I really like going home for lunch, but it's not a necessity.
Well, I think that covers it. The reason I break my silence now, is not to jinx myself, which I originally thought I would do, but to actually ask for advice. This is a scary time for me and a HUGE purchase. Just like I told Andy, this isn't like I'm buying a car, or a dirtbike, or a new purse, this is a MAJOR investment and I have to be wise. Any advice from you people would be helpful :-D

Happy Weekend guys!

Blogfully,

Cameron

1 comment:

  1. I don't actually have any advice, but I am super happy for you! I think, maybe, theoretical advice would be to make sure you buy what you want no matter how long it actually takes.

    And, I don't know how much storage bungalows actually have. :)

    ReplyDelete